We’re looking for leaders. We’re looking for team players. We could be looking for you!
Pacific BioEnergy is a pioneer and leader in the pellet industry. Being a leader and living at the forefront of advancement isn’t always easy. We’re a company that has seen tremendous growth and there has been some setbacks along the way that we have worked through and continue to learn from. Over the past few years Pacific BioEnergy has had an injection of new life with the Sumitomo Corporation becoming a major investor. This has opened the doors for further advancement and growth opportunities.
At Pacific BioEnergy, it’s our people and our product which make us stand out! As leaders in our industry, our team is passionate about what they do and has the technical expertise to manufacture the highest quality product. Our logistics group understands the handling, storage, and transportation requirements to ensure our customers get the product they expect – when they expect it. Our woodlands department takes best in class forest management practices seriously and is continually expanding as the sustainable biomass industry prepares for the worlds growing demand.
Pacific BioEnergy is always looking for talent and right now we’re looking for leaders to be part of our change and growth. We’re looking for experience, expertise and individuals who can join a team that is focused on quality, safety and growth. Do you have a desire to be part of a team that produces a superior product with the highest level of quality assurance? Are you looking for a career that enables you to be heard and be part of something bigger? If you feel that your organizational and team engagement skills can contribute to our team environment then we would love to hear from you.
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Coordinator
COMPENSATION: We offer an industry competitive remuneration and benefit package
The Human Resources Coordinator is a career minded multitasker and an extremely organized individual who operates with grace under pressure attending to multiple demands for his or her time and attention.
The HR Coordinator is responsible for managing the day to day functions of full circle, principle HR functions and needs. Through a strong, collaborative approach, the HR Coordinator fulfills activities in the areas of recruitment, training and development, benefit administration, all aspects of managing the ability management program, company social functions, policy/procedure, orientations and converting to paperless record management.
- Participate in the Corporation’s annual strategic planning efforts, focusing on Human Resources recommendations and direction.
- Dedicated commitment to providing superior, timely internal and external human resources related support and assistance.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Coordinates the full circle recruitment/hiring process by generating/revising job descriptions, sourcing candidates, performing background checks, assisting in shortlisting and generating employment agreements.
- Applies innovative hiring techniques including social media platforms to attract qualified candidates. Maintains and builds social and professional networks to identify and source candidates.
- Conducts orientations, onboarding and record keeping.
- Coordinates training sessions and seminars for management development.
- Provides oversight of the benefits plans and programs including health, dental, group RRSP program, STD and LTD.
- Owns of the Ability Management Program. Processes STD, WSBC and leave claims and liaises with employees, third-party case managers and carriers to ensure proper and timely processes are followed and any concerns are addressed appropriately. Supports Supervisors, Managers and Employees in the return to work process following a leave.
- Provides partial coverage for the Safety/Environmental Manager during their absence.
- Provides advice, guidance, and support to Supervisors, Managers and Employees related to various HR arenas.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, practices, and collective agreement interpretation and application.
- Provides guidance and education related to provincial and federal legislative requirements (ESA, WSBC, Human Rights etc.)
- Produces and submits weekly reports on general HR activities.
- Takes the lead and is the primary support for the Records Management System (RMS) initiative which involves converting from paper to electronic file and record keeping.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
- Human Resources Management Diploma, Business or related discipline is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are eligible and pursuing a CPHR designation.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a unionized, industrial environment.
- Demonstratable working knowledge and understanding of safety programs, practices, application.
- Demonstratable working knowledge of ESA, Human Rights, WSBC Regulations, and legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Strong leadership presence and earns team’s respect and confidence.
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
If you have a desire to be part of a team that produces a superior product with highest level of quality assurance and feel that your passion for people can contribute to our team environment, then we would love to hear from you.
SENIOR CORPORATE ACCOUNTANT
JOB TITLE: Senior Corporate Accountant
DEPARTMENT: Finance Department
COMPENSATION: We offer a comprehensive salary and benefit package
Reporting to the Corporate Controller and as part of the Financial team, the Senior Corporate Accountant will make meaningful contributions to simplify, streamline and standardize operational management reporting. The Senior Corporate Accountant will assist the Corporate Controller in delivering accurate consolidated financial statements, forecasts and ad hoc analysis.
The Senior Corporate Accountant will be directly responsible for preparing monthly financial reporting packages – and will be responsible for a full range of operational, financial and management accounting, reporting and analysis.
The Finance team is expected to work closely with all other departments to ensure all aspects of business strategies, development, and growth meet desired outcomes.
- Provide operational and financial support and analysis for the manufacturing and woodlands departments;
- Assist departmental managers and supervisors in departmental budget control, cost/benefit analysis, and provide financial information and recommendations;
- Participate and support operations through month end inventory counts including purchase reconciliation;
- Directly responsible for preparing monthly financial divisional and consolidated financial reports;
- Prepare and consolidate operations’ monthly forecasts, quarterly forecasts and annual plans;
- Preparation of month end and year end working paper files, reconciliation and journal entries
- Provide analytical support for operational costs and margin improvement projects;
- Prepares audit materials and interacts with internal and external auditors;
- Assist with development and implementation of new accounting processes and procedures including analysis of IFRS impacts and internal controls, documentation of new/revised processes and rollout to the accounting group.
- Coach, mentor, develop members of the Finance team and administrative staff;
- Is responsible for accurate and timely government remittances
- Follow established policies and procedures and participate in process improvement initiatives;
- Provide support and coverage of the Accounting Manager when required;
- Work on special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and possess a CPA designation or on the path to obtain.
- 3+ years of financial accounting experience in a manufacturing and forestry environment required.
- Possess an understanding and experience in the full accounting cycle.
- Solid computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis in Microsoft Excel.
- Must be a self-starter and able to deliver results.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and follow-up skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Have strong communication skills and ability to present and articulate financial information.
If you wish to be part of a team that produces superior results and feel that your accounting experience and career aspirations can contribute to our team, then we would like to speak with you
NOTHING OF INTEREST? No worries – we would still like to hear from you!
We are always looking for talented people to join our team. Connect with us by submitting our online Application Form. Send us your cover letter & resumé and tell us about yourself and your interests and we’ll be in touch with you if a suitable match opens up.