We’re looking for leaders. We’re looking for team players. We could be looking for you!
Pacific BioEnergy is a pioneer and leader in the pellet industry. Being a leader and living at the forefront of advancement isn’t always easy. We’re a company that has seen tremendous growth and there has been some setbacks along the way that we have worked through and continue to learn from. Over the past few years Pacific BioEnergy has had an injection of new life with the Sumitomo Corporation becoming a major investor. This has opened the doors for further advancement and growth opportunities.
At Pacific BioEnergy, it’s our people and our product which make us stand out! As leaders in our industry, our team is passionate about what they do and has the technical expertise to manufacture the highest quality product. Our logistics group understands the handling, storage, and transportation requirements to ensure our customers get the product they expect – when they expect it. Our woodlands department takes best in class forest management practices seriously and is continually expanding as the sustainable biomass industry prepares for the worlds growing demand.
Pacific BioEnergy is always looking for talent and right now we’re looking for leaders to be part of our change and growth. We’re looking for experience, expertise and individuals who can join a team that is focused on quality, safety and growth. Do you have a desire to be part of a team that produces a superior product with the highest level of quality assurance? Are you looking for a career that enables you to be heard and be part of something bigger? If you feel that your organizational and team engagement skills can contribute to our team environment then we would love to hear from you.
JOB TITLE: Logistics Manager
DEPARTMENT: Logistics Department
COMPENSATION: We offer an industry competitive remuneration and benefit package
The Logistics Manager of Pacific BioEnergy Corporation is responsible for managing all facets of inter-provincial and international logistics activities as well as supporting the development of budgets and performing cost and productivity analysis as required. The Logistics Manager is expected to provide customer support and liaise with customers regarding queries and claims while working closely with the executive team to fine tune strategies and tactics required to successfully service the international market in the short, medium and long terms. The manager is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of the International audit and certification initiatives. In addition, the Logistics Manager will be expected to work closely with accounting, forestry, safety, environmental, human resources, operations and executive personnel to ensure all aspects of business strategies, development, and growth are met or exceeded.
- Foster and cultivate positive business relationships with key customers, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Oversees all inter-province and export logistics activities, including rail and ocean freight transportation.
- Support the marketing department regarding logistical requests or requirements for upcoming sales or inquiries.
- Participates in the annual budgets and sales forecasts in support of the organizational strategy and objectives defined for International Sales.
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations regarding transportation of product.
- Resolve any legal issues pertaining to transportation/distribution.
- Provide customer support and liaise with customers regarding queries and claims related to product quality and logistic systems.
- Capacity to deal with complex logistics issues, and to implement logistics and supply chain vision, strategy and priorities. A driver of performance improvement and efficiency in resolution to transportation issues.
- Develop and maintain forecasting tools to support all logistic functions, including the development of policies or procedures for logistics activities.
- Analyze data and information — Identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into appropriate reports.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, and shipping file.
- Work closely with other management personnel to ensure logistic integration between production activities and sales fulfillment.
- Collaborate with finance department to integrate logistics with business systems or processes by ensuring relevant and accurate information is exchanged.
- Support development of budgets and perform cost and productivity analysis as required.
- Oversee and support product loading operations.
- Reviews all documentation required for rail and ocean borne shipments for accuracy.
- Maintain proactive relationships with our logistic service providers.
- Responsible for transportation negotiations with product carriers, rail or truck.
- Negotiate and procure outside supply from other facilities.
- Generate purchase contracts for in-bound pellets.
- Align program requirements for transportation flow of product (assign railcars, truck to location, or lease of new equipment to accommodate the program).
- Work collaboratively with outside supplier on product scheduling to final destination
- Possess excellent time management skills
- Degree in business of Transportation/Logistics Management or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills that build understanding and support, engage with individuals at all influence levels both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff
- Strong team building and decision-making abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with a proven ability to work with others to successfully meet deadlines;
- Excellent systematic, problem solving, and computer skills with a Microsoft Office Skills
If you have a desire to be part of a team that produces a superior product with highest level of quality assurance and feel that your logistics background and relationship management and organizational skills can contribute to our team environment, then we would love to hear from you.
NOTHING OF INTEREST? No worries – we would still like to hear from you!
We are always looking for talented people to join our team. Connect with us by submitting our online Application Form. Send us your cover letter & resumé and tell us about yourself and your interests and we’ll be in touch with you if a suitable match opens up.